Wednesday 19 September 2007

Train to Arles


6/9/07

Vineyards, pastel creams with terracotta roofes, pastures and old deciduous trees.

I keep forgetting im in france. until I look out the window again. My Head seemed so full of nonsense; Dublin Streets, drawing numbers and soon to be forgotten things.

Nuclear power plants with artifical lakes. Slow motion jets of water from giant sprinklers creating artifical rainbows. In france now alright, and on the train to Arles.

Spent the last week brushing up on my french and resting in domestic bliss with my sister and her family in the french countryside near Lyon. Unfortunetly my rest was broken by frequent trips to the bathroom as I had the most horrific food poisoning from a restaurant in cluny. Never get egg on a pizza(it seems so obvious now). beside that the doctor told me I was in good health - good news.

It was a week of bad films ( new world a particular low point), french food, country walks and chopping wood for the winter. So now its on to my Camino and my first Pilgrim Hostel (Gite)

Even the industrial buildings look better here or maybe its just the sun.

Arrived in Arles, found a bed and treated myself to some familiar food _ guess what it was!



No comments: